I have just created a competition giving all my subscribers the chance to enter their child in the draw to be a character in my next book. I am in the process of writing my next book and enjoy using real people as inspiration for my characters. All you have to do is subscribe to my blog! See the subscription form on the right hand side of this site.
As I begin my journey of selling my ‘Catch that Fly!’ books I am overwhelmed with the support and enthusiasm from everyone I meet. I decided I need to do something to say a little thanks and give children the opportunity to be involved in my creative process a bit more. As much as I would love to create a character based on every single one of you I can only commit to one at this point and time. So once I am ready to create the next book I will put all my subscribers chosen children’s names into a hat and draw out the lucky winner! This winner will send me a name and photo of either themselves or a nominated child or adult that they would like to be a character in my next book. I will then use this image to inspire the lead character in my story. The winner will be sent a signed copy of the book and a signed original drawing of their character.
So sign up and be in to WIN!
Terms and conditions
1. The winner of the lucky draw will be given the opportunity to be a character in the next children’s book written by Amy Burrell. If the winner doesn’t want to be the character themselves they are able to nominate another person (eg. child or friend). The winner will provide a name and photo of the nominated person to Amy Burrell she will then use the image as reference to design and illustrate the character. The character will be used in a pre written story. The winner will have no input into the story or art direction. The winner will receive a signed copy of the new book as well as a signed original sketch of their character.
2. Entry to the competition is restricted to one entry per email address of the subscriber.
3. Competition is open to residents of any country in the world.
4. The winner will be drawn out of a hat containing all entries email addresses on the date that has yet to be confirmed by Amy Burrell and will be broadcast live via the Internet to all subscribers.
5. The winner will be contacted via email and will be given the opportunity to discuss the character person nominated.
6. The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
7. The competition will run from 13, July, 2012 until further notice.
8. Catch that Fly is compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.